Congratulations to the recent graduates of the eighth cohort of the TN HIMSS and Belmont University Health IT Workforce Accelerator graduating class.
The graduating students and their companies are:
- Christina Besh — Veteran Affairs
- Rachel Bouton — Relatient
- Matt Chisholm — HCA
- Pres Crawford — HCTec
- Swandra Cowlie — Psychiatric Consultants of TN, PLLC
- Tyler Forehand — HCA
- Meredith Howell — Ensworth
- Emily Kerney — Vanderbilt
- Nicole Kinamore — BCBS of TN
- Wanda Lockhart — BCBS of TN
- Jamie Madaris — HCA
- Travis Manley — Relatient
- Stuart Meinhart — HCTec
- Sean Penn — AMSURG
- Kim Perry — BCBS of TN
- Marisleydy Sanchez — WellChild
- Susan Smith — LifePoint Health
- Michelle Szymanski — AMSURG
- NaTasha White — Vanderbilt University
Designed for healthcare professionals of all levels, backgrounds and career paths, the program teaches students how the blending of healthcare and IT can affect care outcomes. The curriculum also covers the future of healthcare and business processes in healthcare. Throughout the course, students gain exposure to the healthcare provider, payer and vendor settings. Led by HIT professionals, the program’s students experience real-life challenges and determine best practices to bring into their careers.
The training offers a detailed view of the U.S. healthcare system and policies, along with specialized knowledge about HIT systems and processes. Participants gain an understanding of vendor solutions and options using team-based skills.
For more information and to register for future classes, please visit the Website.